MASS READING - Friday 30 September 2016



Friday of week 26 in Ordinary Time
 (Saint Jerome, Priest, Doctor )

Liturgical Colour: White.


Readings at Mass

________

Entrance Antiphon
Cf. Ps 1: 2-3

Blessed indeed is he
who ponders the law of the Lord day and night:
he will yield his fruit in due season.


________

Collect

O God, who gave the Priest Saint Jerome
a living and tender love for Sacred Scripture,
grant that your people
may be ever more fruitfully nourished by your Word
and find in it the fount of life.
Through our Lord Jesus Christ, your Son,
who lives and reigns with you in the unity of the Holy Spirit,
one God, for ever and ever.


________

First reading
Job 38:1,12-21,40:3-5

From the heart of the tempest the Lord gave Job his answer. He said:

Have you ever in your life given orders to the morning
    or sent the dawn to its post,
telling it to grasp the earth by its edges
    and shake the wicked out of it,
when it changes the earth to sealing clay
    and dyes it as a man dyes clothes;
stealing the light from wicked men
    and breaking the arm raised to strike?
Have you journeyed all the way to the sources of the sea,
    or walked where the Abyss is deepest?
Have you been shown the gates of Death
    or met the janitors of Shadowland?
Have you an inkling of the extent of the earth?
    Tell me all about it if you have!
Which is the way to the home of the light,
    and where does darkness live?
You could then show them the way to their proper places,
    or put them on the path to where they live!
If you know all this, you must have been born with them,
    you must be very old by now!

Job replied to the Lord:

My words have been frivolous: what can I reply?
    I had better lay my finger on my lips.
I have spoken once... I will not speak again;
    more than once... I will add nothing.


________

Responsorial Psalm
Psalm 138:1-3,7-10,13-14

Lead me, O Lord, in the path of life eternal.

O Lord, you search me and you know me,
    you know my resting and my rising,
    you discern my purpose from afar.
You mark when I walk or lie down,
    all my ways lie open to you.

Lead me, O Lord, in the path of life eternal.

O where can I go from your spirit,
    or where can I flee from your face?
If I climb the heavens, you are there.
    If I lie in the grave, you are there.

Lead me, O Lord, in the path of life eternal.

If I take the wings of the dawn
    and dwell at the sea’s furthest end,
even there your hand would lead me,
    your right hand would hold me fast.

Lead me, O Lord, in the path of life eternal.

For it was you who created my being,
    knit me together in my mother’s womb.
I thank you for the wonder of my being,
    for the wonders of all your creation.

Lead me, O Lord, in the path of life eternal.


________

Gospel Acclamation
Ps144:13

Alleluia, alleluia!
The Lord is faithful in all his words
and loving in all his deeds.
Alleluia!


Or
Ps94:8

Alleluia, alleluia!
Harden not your hearts today,
but listen to the voice of the Lord.
Alleluia!


________

Gospel
Luke 10:13-16

Jesus said to his disciples: ‘Alas for you, Chorazin! Alas for you, Bethsaida! For if the miracles done in you had been done in Tyre and Sidon, they would have repented long ago, sitting in sackcloth and ashes. And still, it will not go as hard with Tyre and Sidon at the Judgement as with you. And as for you, Capernaum, did you want to be exalted high as heaven? You shall be thrown down to hell.
    ‘Anyone who listens to you listens to me; anyone who rejects you rejects me, and those who reject me reject the one who sent me.’


________

Prayer over the Offerings

Grant us, O Lord,
that, having meditated on your Word,
following the example of Saint Jerome,
we may more eagerly draw near
to offer your majesty the sacrifice of salvation.
Through Christ our Lord.


________

Communion Antiphon
Cf. Jer 15: 16

Lord God, your words were found and I consumed them;
your word became the joy and the happiness of my heart.


________

Prayer after Communion

May these holy gifts we have received, O Lord,
as we rejoice in celebrating Saint Jerome,
stir up the hearts of your faithful
so that, attentive to sacred teachings,
they may understand the path they are to follow
and, by following it, obtain life everlasting.
Through Christ our Lord.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CHIOMACHIMA2017 (BIG BRO'S TRADITIONAL)

INSTRUMENTS OF GOD

THIS PICTURES I BET YOU HAVE NOT SEEN