CAUTIONARY WARNINGS

Today's Verse

“The people of Nineveh believed God’s message, and from the greatest to the least, they declared a fast and put on burlap to show their sorrow.” – Jonah 3:5
Jonah had just been spit out of the mouth of the giant fish and God called him a second time. This time Jonah responded and obeyed His call. He journeyed to Nineveh and spoke the message that God had tasked him with. It wasn’t one of those messages that are easy to hear either. In fact, it was a hard message and a strong warning from God himself for the people of Nineveh, “repent or be destroyed.” That's a pretty rough message isn’t it? Well, that’s exactly what the Ninevites needed to hear. Sometimes we need to hear those rough cautionary warnings in order for God to actually get through to us. It’s never easy, but sometimes it’s exactly what we need to hear. Are you avoiding a cautionary warning today? – Commentary by Matthew Elliott

Today's Prayer

Father God, I know that You love me. Today, I pray that You speak to my heart. Share the words I truly need to hear and then help me to act in accordance with them. Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CHIOMACHIMA2017 (BIG BRO'S TRADITIONAL)

INSTRUMENTS OF GOD

THIS PICTURES I BET YOU HAVE NOT SEEN