MASS READING - THURSDAY 27 OCTOBER 2016



Thursday of week 30 in Ordinary Time 

Liturgical Colour: Green.


Readings at Mass

________

Entrance Antiphon
Cf. Ps 104: 3-4

Let the hearts that seek the Lord rejoice;
turn to the Lord and his strength;
constantly seek his face.


________

Collect

Almighty ever-living God,
increase our faith, hope and charity,
and make us love what you command,
so that we may merit what you promise.
Through our Lord Jesus Christ, your Son,
who lives and reigns with you in the unity of the Holy Spirit,
one God, for ever and ever.


________

First reading
Ephesians 6:10-20

Grow strong in the Lord, with the strength of his power. Put God’s armour on so as to be able to resist the devil’s tactics. For it is not against human enemies that we have to struggle, but against the Sovereignties and the Powers who originate the darkness in this world, the spiritual army of evil in the heavens. That is why you must rely on God’s armour, or you will not be able to put up any resistance when the worst happens, or have enough resources to hold your ground.
    So stand your ground, with truth buckled round your waist, and integrity for a breastplate, wearing for shoes on your feet the eagerness to spread the gospel of peace and always carrying the shield of faith so that you can use it to put out the burning arrows of the evil one. And then you must accept salvation from God to be your helmet and receive the word of God from the Spirit to use as a sword.
    Pray all the time, asking for what you need, praying in the Spirit on every possible occasion. Never get tired of staying awake to pray for all the saints; and pray for me to be given an opportunity to open my mouth and speak without fear and give out the mystery of the gospel of which I am an ambassador in chains; pray that in proclaiming it I may speak as boldly as I ought to.


________

Responsorial Psalm
Psalm 143:1-2,9-10

Blessed be the Lord, my rock.

Blessed be the Lord, my rock,
    who trains my arms for battle,
    who prepares my hands for war.

Blessed be the Lord, my rock.

He is my love, my fortress;
    he is my stronghold, my saviour
my shield, my place of refuge.
    He brings peoples under my rule.

Blessed be the Lord, my rock.

To you, O God, will I sing a new song;
    I will play on the ten-stringed lute
to you who give kings their victory,
    who set David your servant free.

Blessed be the Lord, my rock.


________

Gospel Acclamation
Ps147:12,15

Alleluia, alleluia!

O praise the Lord, Jerusalem!
He sends out his word to the earth.

Alleluia!


Or
cf.Lk19:38,2:14

Alleluia, alleluia!

Blessings on the King who comes,
in the name of the Lord!
Peace in heaven
and glory in the highest heavens!

Alleluia!


________

Gospel
Luke 13:31-35

Some Pharisees came up. ‘Go away’ they said. ‘Leave this place, because Herod means to kill you.’ He replied, ‘You may go and give that fox this message: Learn that today and tomorrow I cast out devils and on the third day attain my end. But for today and tomorrow and the next day I must go on, since it woulda not be right for a prophet to die outside Jerusalem.
    ‘Jerusalem, Jerusalem, you that kill the prophets and stone those who are sent to you! How often have I longed to gather your children, as a hen gathers her brood under her wings, and you refused! So be it! Your house will be left to you. Yes, I promise you, you shall not see me till the time comes when you say:

‘Blessings on him who comes in the name of the Lord!’


________

Prayer over the Offerings

Look, we pray, O Lord,
on the offerings we make to your majesty,
that whatever is done by us in your service
may be directed above all to your glory.
Through Christ our Lord.


________

Communion Antiphon
Cf. Ps 19: 6

We will ring out our joy at your saving help
and exult in the name of our God.


Or
Eph 5: 2

Christ loved us and gave himself up for us,
as a fragrant offering to God.


________

Prayer after Communion

May your Sacraments, O Lord, we pray,
perfect in us what lies within them,
that what we now celebrate in signs
we may one day possess in truth.
Through Christ our Lord.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CHIOMACHIMA2017 (BIG BRO'S TRADITIONAL)

INSTRUMENTS OF GOD

THIS PICTURES I BET YOU HAVE NOT SEEN