EMBRACE YOUR GIFT.

Today's Verse

“Seeing a fig tree by the road, He went up to it but found nothing on it except leaves. The he said to it, ‘may you never bear fruit again!’ Immediately the tree withered. – Matthew 21:19
The parable of Jesus and the Fig Tree is one of those parables that have always made me stop and ask “why?” Truthfully, I never really understood why He cursed the fig tree. It always seemed a little harsh to tell the fig tree it would never bear fruit again. Once I put more focus into the rest of the parable I began to understand, it’s a lesson about believing in oneself. Think about this for a moment, if you gave someone a really amazing gift and they never used it, it would go to waste. The lesson Jesus is sharing with His follower’s echoes that example. We are each given gifts and if we don’t use them, they go to waste. Today, ask God to show you a way you can use your gifts to bring honor to Him. – Commentary by Matthew Elliott

Today's Prayer

Father God, I know You have given me some amazing gifts; I pray that You show me today what it truly means to believe in myself. Help me use what You’ve given to honor Your name. Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CHIOMACHIMA2017 (BIG BRO'S TRADITIONAL)

INSTRUMENTS OF GOD

THIS PICTURES I BET YOU HAVE NOT SEEN