THE CITY OF JOY

Today's Verse

“And this city shall be to me the name of joy, a praise and a glory before the nations of the earth who shall hear of all the good that I do for them.“ – Jeremiah 33:9a
We can be a city of Joy that shines brightly for God’s glory. Facing the troubles of the life we endure on earth can teach us many things about what is good and how to overcome the bad. The beauty of it all is that we don’t have to do any of it on our own. In a previous verse we are promised that God will “restore their fortunes…and rebuild them as they were [or should be.”(V7) In the verses surrounding today’s verse, we are given a promise of peace; with peace comes joy. As you let the joy of your heart reign alongside the peace God has promised, He can use you to do many wonderful things. Go forth and shine brightly on the hill as a great city of joy today. – Commentary by Matthew Elliott

Today's Prayer

Father, joy is the key to happiness. Today, I pray that You will show me how to embrace being the city of joy You desire me to be to those around me. Your peace is my joy. Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CHIOMACHIMA2017 (BIG BRO'S TRADITIONAL)

INSTRUMENTS OF GOD

THIS PICTURES I BET YOU HAVE NOT SEEN