DAILY MASS READING - TUESDAY JUNE 28th, 2016

Tuesday of week 13 in Ordinary Time
  (Saint Irenaeus, Bishop, Martyr )
Liturgical Colour: Red.

Readings at Mass


Entrance AntiphonMal 2: 6
The law of truth was in his mouth;
no dishonesty was found on his lips.
He walked with me in integrity and peace,
and turned many away from evil.

Collect
O God, who called the Bishop Saint Irenaeus
to confirm true doctrine and the peace of the Church,
grant, we pray, through his intercession,
that, being renewed in faith and charity,
we may always be intent on fostering unity and concord.
Through our Lord Jesus Christ, your Son,
who lives and reigns with you in the unity of the Holy Spirit,
one God, for ever and ever.

First reading
Amos 3:1-8,4:11-12
Listen, sons of Israel, to this oracle the Lord speaks against you, against the whole family I brought out of the land of Egypt:
You alone, of all the families of earth, have I acknowledged,
therefore it is for all your sins that I mean to punish you.
Do two men take the road together
if they have not planned to do so?
Does the lion roar in the jungle
if no prey has been found?
Does the young lion growl in his lair
if he has captured nothing?
Does the bird fall to the ground
if no trap has been set?
Does the snare spring up from the ground
if nothing has been caught?
Does the trumpet sound in the city
without the populace becoming alarmed?
Does misfortune come to a city
if the Lord has not sent it?
No more does the Lord do anything
without revealing his plans to his servants the prophets.
The lion roars: who can help feeling afraid?
The Lord speaks: who can refuse to prophesy?
I overthrew you as God overthrew Sodom and Gomorrah,
and you were like a brand snatched from the blaze;
and yet you never came back to me.
It is the Lord who speaks.
This therefore, Israel, is what I plan to do to you,
and because I am going to do this to you,
Israel, prepare to meet your God!

Responsorial PsalmPsalm 5:5-8
Lead me, O Lord, in your justice.
You are no God who loves evil;
  no sinner is your guest.
The boastful shall not stand their ground
  before your face.
Lead me, O Lord, in your justice.
You hate all who do evil;
  you destroy all who lie.
The deceitful and bloodthirsty man
  the Lord detests.
Lead me, O Lord, in your justice.
But I through the greatness of your love
  have access to your house.
I bow down before your holy temple,
  filled with awe.
Lead me, O Lord, in your justice.

Gospel AcclamationPs147:12,15
Alleluia, alleluia!
O praise the Lord, Jerusalem!
He sends out his word to the earth.
Alleluia!
OrPs129:5
Alleluia, alleluia!
My soul is waiting for the Lord,
I count on his word.
Alleluia!

GospelMatthew 8:23-27
Jesus got into the boat followed by his disciples. Without warning a storm broke over the lake, so violent that the waves were breaking right over the boat. But he was asleep. So they went to him and woke him saying, ‘Save us, Lord, we are going down!’ And he said to them, ‘Why are you so frightened, you men of little faith?’ And with that he stood up and rebuked the winds and the sea; and all was calm again. The men were astounded and said, ‘Whatever kind of man is this? Even the winds and the sea obey him.’

Prayer over the Offerings
May the sacrifice we offer you with joy
on the heavenly birthday of Saint Irenaeus
bring you glory, O Lord,
and instill in us a love of the truth,
so that we may keep the Church’s faith inviolate
and her unity secure.
Through Christ our Lord.

Communion AntiphonJn 15: 4-5
Remain in me, as I remain in you, says the Lord.
Whoever remains in me, and I in him, bears fruit in plenty.

Prayer after Communion
Through these sacred mysteries, we pray, O Lord,
give us in your compassion an increase of that faith
which brought glory to the Bishop Saint Irenaeus
as he maintained it even until death,
and may the same faith bring to us, who truly follow it,
justification in your sight.
Through Christ our Lord.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CHIOMACHIMA2017 (BIG BRO'S TRADITIONAL)

INSTRUMENTS OF GOD

THIS PICTURES I BET YOU HAVE NOT SEEN